To ensure the preservation and sustainable use of the wildlife especially the Punjab Urial in the area of Western Jhelum Urial Conservation & Trophy Hunting Committee District Jhelum.
- To maintain a healthy population of Urial in the area along with other wildlife species.
- To harvest the over-matured Urial under a well-monitored trophy hunting.
- To reduce the incidence of livestock predation by jackals and other wild animals and prevent the un-necessary killing of predators by the people.
- To promote the awareness among the local communities for the preservation and sustainable use of wildlife and their habitats.
- To exercise sustainable use of wildlife resources for the uplift of rural communities and preservation of resources through trophy hunting and Eco-tourism.
- To build confidence among the local residents and realize the concept of ownership regarding the natural resources of their area which is essentially a national heritage.
- Illegal hunting and poaching.
- Habitat degradation, including extension of the cultivated areas, over cutting of natural forests for growing needs of fuel wood and fodder.
- Population fragmentation and isolation due to habitat loss.
- Over-grazing of pastures and competition with the livestock.
- Communal conflicts among the local people / communities.
- Lack of awareness and education regarding wildlife preservation.